Monday, August 2, 2010

What Is Your Reward?

I have been covering some extra sessions recently to catch up more of you at training and I am always amazed at what a privileged life I lead having the opportunity to work with such a great group of people…thank you.

One of the areas that I am really encouraging everyone to think about is setting personal rewards.

When clients start training they are always ready to tell me what they hate about their bodies- right down to what part they dislike the most- that might be love handles, their tummy, their hips, or just their sluggish energy levels.

Training involves a commitment to time- time you could be spending sleeping, working, catching up with family and friends and at the movies.

Yet while everyone tells me what they don’t like about themselves and the commitment they will be making to training when I ask what your reward will be the answer is often nothing!

Your mind works by moving towards pleasure and away from pain.

Making time for training, sweating, lifting weights can be a little bit about pain so giving your self a reward really gives you balance and the rewarding prospect of lasting results.

What should my reward be?
Rewards can be big and small.

One client recently bought a gift voucher for a new pair of jeans- what a great reward and commitment too- that’s fantastic.

Rewards can be a simple as a CD, an Ipod, or a new book- all are a great for rewarding small victories.

Do you know what my big reward is?



As you can imagine I have some very specific goals. When I am in the great shape that I was in when I started Oxygen and have hit the targets I have set for business about helping others I am upgrading my car to a Jeep Wrangler.


Life since oxygen has always been a balancing act between both targets- something I am still getting better at.



That has set the bar pretty high hasn’t it- that’s how important my goals are to me- there’s a lot of pain in there so I need a lot of pleasure to balance that out.

go on- click comment to commit to a goal and a reward now!

No comments:

Post a Comment